There are so many things you need to know as a woman. Things your mother never taught you, while she was busy teaching you all the other essential skills for daily life.
– how to stretch your end of pay cycle dollar to include something new to wear to that date/event/outing and a mani-pedi – my favourite is forgoing real food and living off what’s left in the fridge.
– alternatively to the above, how to give yourself a great mani-pedi/wax/facial when you can’t afford to go to the salon
– how to find a great gynaecologist, psychologist/psychiatrist, lawyer
– how important it is to know how to get yourself off so you don’t have to rely on a partner to do it for you
– that the order in which you achieve the following is completely negotiable, and more to the point, their inclusion in your life is also up to you: marriage, mortgage, baby, career
What did you learn that your mother never taught you?
Oh what did I do today?
Nothing. Why do I feel so guilty saying it?
I DID NOTHING. I literally sat on my sweet behind (ok, just my behind for the non-believers) and did nothing. Surfed the net. Looked up old albums I used to listen to a very long time ago. Remembered listening to them then, while I listened to them now.
Why is it so criminal to do nothing? Why do I feel you judging me already? Why do I judge myself so harshly? (I realise, you probably – actually – don’t care).
The biggest issue I have with this situation is that I have nothing much to say, except that I did nothing, and feel bad about it, but don’t think that I should.
And if it’s quite alright with you, I’m going to keep doing nothing. Until further notice. Actually seeing as tomorrow is Friday I should go out with a bang, and do something.
In the interest of motivating me – feel free to leave judgemental comments below.